Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Ode to a bloggeuse



oh to be a blogger, typing on the web
creativity unfolding
effortlessly like the ebb
and flow of the tide in a sea of words
and phrases.



Don't think I'll ever be very good at this malarkey. Ah well. Here goes...Life carries on as normal in this neck of the woods. Little events amuse us daily. This afternoon, whilst hiding downstairs from the cleaner [ok: I confess, I am scared of Mrs. B our not very efficient cleaner but superb ironer and leave her in peace to do the weekly clean of our not very lived in flat] Patrick walked in the bar. Ahhhh Patrick. How can I describe the man? He is a divorcee with drink and smelly feet issues. The drink I can handle. The smelly feet is more problematic. He is also bestowed with two rows of front teeth - like a shark I suppose - both rows (the incisors) being in half rotting condition. I often think of the Extreme Makeover programme when dear Patrick walks in ..how on earth would the cosmetic dentists in Hollywood deal with a man who already has an entire set of second teeth in his gob? I cannot see any amount of bridges, caps or enamel tips working on this man. His overall appearance isn't helped by his milkbottle bottom glasses and his mad professor hair. He had 2 beers (as he always does) and mumbled incoherently about apples and cider, horses and the races and then switched back to apples and cider. He was slightly drunker than usual so leered rather more than is necessary. Luckily for me he left to inflict his smelly feet (he wears sandals and old socks - in all seasons) on some other poor unfortunate quite quickly. Christmas time has come to St Fraimbault and I have been prevailed upon to do the village creche. Not a little mini creche in the church as I originally thought, but life size wooden cut-outs of the good virgin, her innocent husband (ha!) 2 lambs, a cow, one donkey, a praying (pleading?) shepherd and one of the 3 not so wise men. Many paint pots and black marker pens later I came up with the above inserted picture...my shame will be total when it goes up on display in the village for all to see and gaze on in wonderment .....


1 Comments:

Blogger maylin said...

Um er, hope I don't run into Patrick. I suppose the names have been changed to protect the innocent?

6:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home