Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Rain rain go away

Oh joy. A flood in the restaurant, flood in the kitchen, and the bar, and the shop. Stamp stamp and feckin' wail. I have broken 4 finger nails, ruined my lovely red sandals and possibly damaged beyond repair my favourite linen skirt. Then a woman had the cheek to say 'when can I buy a post card?' as I was sweeping the water out of the shop. I nearly throttled her on the spot. Had it not been for the kind and lovely Hubert passing by she may not have lived to complain to her family about my rudeness. Hubert gently told her to get back in her car as the roads were becoming too dangerous. He must have seen the thunderous look on my face. The pompiers are still passing by on their way to the appels de secours from all around. An insurance claim looms for us. And now begins the serious cleaning. To cap it all I slid in the water and fell rather unceremoniously and in a terribly undignified manner on my arse - banging my head against the brick wall. Ouch and double ouch.

1 Comments:

Blogger maylin said...

You have been flooding fa too often lately - I'm surprised you don't have webbed feet.

8:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home