Monday, December 10, 2007

rockin' around the Christmas tree

tra-la-la-la-la and jingle bells and rudolf the red nosed reindeer and other top xmas toons. I am finally in the mood for Noël, and have realised with a rush of panic that I haven't got any cards ( nor do I know where I will get any from), I have not organised or put any thought into Christmas presents and the flat and restaurant were looking about as Christmassy as a Hawaii beach. So today we bought a mini teeny tiny Christmas sapin for the flat - trop cute for words, and just peeerfect for the salon. But we decided to be radical in the bar and go eco-warrior. We bought 6 lengths of twisty curly plant climber steel rods and lots and lots of steel wire ...tied them together in a cone shape and then decorated heavily in black, silver and white, using only glass and feathers and many thousands of sequins, glitter and mirror balls. I topped the tree-sculpture with a black wreath made from feathers and hung big glass dangerous lanterns around it. It looks fab, fab, fab, though may be a tad radical for St Fraimbault. We await the comments when we open tomorrow. Hmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home