Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A man walks into a bar ......

Sounds like a joke, but this is yet another day in the life of....us.

A young man walks into the bar. "I need a shower" he says (in English, no hello, no do you speak English, nothing). Grégoire looks around, wondering why he has walked into Papillon on such a bright and sunny Tuesday afternoon. "I'm sorry " says G " we aren't a hotel - have you tried the campsite - there are municipal showers there"....the man looks at Gregoire as if he has stepped off another planet. "But I went up there and could only see toilets and apparently a shower costs 5 euros! 5 Euros? Ridiculous - I'm not paying that for a measly shower" This time it is Gregoire who returns the 'you've-just-fallen-off-a-planet' look. He replies "But water costs money. And it is heated, also costing money....erm...did you think it would be free?" "But I've only got a bloody bath and I really need a shower" insists the by now somewhat irate (and increasingly smelly) young man. "I'm sorry, I don't know what to suggest" shruggs Gregoire helplessly. And so the young man storms off to accost someone else.
You gotta wonder sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home