Saturday, July 23, 2016

the call of the Drum....

An invitation from my lovely friend C. to join her on Friday evening to play a game called "Le Jeu du Tao" piqued my curiosity. I knew we were going to be a very small group (3 - including me - plus one coach/guide/helper/shaman), so my interest was piqued even further.  I love spending time with C so there was only one answer - which was of course yes. However, my researcher background got the better of me, and I hit Google straightaway. Hmmmmm. 
Difficult to find very much online in English, most of the references were in French - showing this game to be one of those wonderful products of French innovation based around I Ching and Tao, that has become an extension of coaching. Centred around a personal challenge, the game starts and ends with each "player" having a a quest, and the game is a voyage of shared discovery, a self-help group, a sharing circle, an intimate outpouring of deepest fears, challenges, thoughts, questions, a way of understanding your own awareness, your potential and limitations, and aquiring a measure of acceptance, an  optimism, in life. The game is led and guided by a"teacher" - positively, helpfully,  philosophically, non-judgemantally.
It promises to be an interesting and challenging experience.
It also promises to be an evening full of sharing, mutual support and positivity.
The sort of evening that I love.
More will follow ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home