Friday, August 05, 2016

Artemis is everywhere

Thank you Niantic. Thank you very much. I used to be anti-hunting. I was a member of the League against Cruel Sports. And yet, because of your staggeringly successful and all invasive omnipresent intrusion into the lives of 98% of first world teenagers and geeks -  one of whom happens to be my daughter-  I  now know what an Eevee, a Jigglypuff and a Zubat are. Was it really necessary? Did I really need to add these words to my vocabulary?
Image result for eeveeThe answer is no, I didn't need to , I'm not sure I even wanted to..but I find myself being strangely drawn into your world and it is odd, very odd.  So now, in the evening when the sun goes down and the streets and lanes in and around St Jacques become shady and spooky, we go out a-wandering, a-hunting, a-searching... forever seeking out the cute little virtual pokémon wherever those cute pokémon may be...Next time can you ask your developers to please try and invent something less successful and less bloody good. Please. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home